Monday, August 21, 2006

Me & Evelyn Dance on Fire Island

Hey guys! first things first, let me shout out SuperStar Celebrity "It Girl" Supreme Hot Chick Music Mistress and Empress of Disco, Lina (Also my homegirl). Thats me and her to the right, even tho we go waaaaaaay left. :)

I heart Lina ( & love those custom 1 of a kind Michael Kors creations she and her crew sported to the party). But more on that later.

Say, we can talk, right? I mean, we're cool like that - you and I, right? So I don’t really have to censor myself with you guys. Do I? I hope not, cause I'm about to let it all hang out for this one. *grin*


Man, this weekend I went to Fire Island to visit a friend. While I was there, I made some new friends, hung out with some old friends, and even booked a couple of gigs (event photography).

You wanna know what else I did? I went dancing with my friend Evelynn. Some of you guys might know Evelyn (or "E", as she's sometimes called). She's an international party girl. Mad fun, will party with anyone that will have her, and always on a mission to make the party better. Even if you don’t know her personally, you've heard of her, have a close friend that likes to party with her, and maybe have a few hard core opinions about her ways. It's all good. She's my friend. :)

Some of you might ask, what does Evelynn look like? Her appearance is constantly in flux, but overall, she's a little thing. I've never asked where she's from (there are rumors that she's a former CIA operative - born in Holland, and now on the lamb from the law) but she seems like she might be a Latina to me.

Evelynn and her erratic personality(ies)are legendary. Seriously. Some people think that she's always on. Always Up. Always on fire, but for real, she's more complicated than that. See, back in the day, I used to take Evelynn out to the clubs with me and introduce her to all my friends. During this time, we got to know each other pretty well. So let me introduce you to the 3 main personalities that makeup Evelynn, the party monster.


Rosie Perez: This is her all the time. ALLL THE FUVKIN TIME. When she's in your pocket, or you are thinking about maybe takin a dance with her, there she is. A dyed in the wool NewYOrican with extra hood tendencies. She's that friend that says shyt like "Oh cummoooon, Papi. I don't undah-stand why you's ovuh there on the wall actin like you shy. What's wrong, Papi? Let's dance!" All in that distinctive voice. This is the Evelynn that will get you in trouble, because that's what she is - a trouble maker. Evelynn is also that kind of girl that will give you the worst advise ever. "Go squeeze her titties, Papi. Wha!? She'll like it! You're cute, Papi. Who in their right mind would turn you down? Look, I help you, see?"

right.


Jennifer Lopez: Evelynn has a different side to her also. See, she's also strives to be a little better than her past. She's that ghetto girl that's partied with the A- Listers, so she's got a taste for the glamorous life. She usually falls into this aspect of herself when we FIRST join hands and hit the dance floor. She scans the room, does a two step. Her movements are subdued, but every step is brimming with a sexual fire that threatens to explode over anyone that dares to meet her gaze. Her lips go into a pout and she takes that nasally Bronx accent and turns it into something a little more..... seductive. "It's your time tonight, Daddy, so tell me what you wanna do". This is around the time where she starts to get a little distracted. She knows she wants to be cool, and stay sexy... but she likes to explore also. So you Louis & Clarke it all throughout whatever party you are @ till her feet start to hurt.

Charo: Some of you might not be too familiar with this reference, but it fits. Toward the end of every party, Evelyn, being the spirited lady that she is, falls victim to the drumbeat. When the music gets to goin, and the party gets to jumpin, it’s Evelyn that's encouraging you to join in with her exceptionally outrageous show. And what a show she will put on for you. This is usually about the time that she's convinced you that the best outfit to wear on the dance floor is also the most salacious. She's the one that has you bouncing around the club shouting stupid catch phrases(this weekend, mine was "I'm a Winner Baby, a Success" a'la "Mahogany" ) - More on that later.

That said, when you look at allot of these pics, I might not be the most composed. In fact, I might look like I was gonna strip down and start playin nekkid bongos, it's cause I was. If it looks like me and Whitney Houston could be good buddies, maybe make some late night cigarette runs to the 7-11, probably cause it's true. What I’m saying is, there's some H.A.M-age goin on in these pics, but gosh, we're cool enough that I can show you the scene without you being too mean. Right?

enjoy the pics.


Sunday was the Asencion Party where not only was it a beautiful day, but I got to meet and one of my fav DJ's, Brett Henrichsen (check us out below. I heart Brett) , but I had a damn good time, as you will see *laffing*.

Enjoy!




14 comments:

Ticia said...

Hey Dexy!! Its Diesel 15...

I loved your story about "E" she sounds like fun and drama mixed in one---

I love the pics too!! Take care babes--

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

Dex...that body of yours....can't breeve.....need oxygen! Just WOW.

Evelyn seems like a whole barrel of fun! I have a friend named Kim here in C-town who's a lot like her..fabulous as hell, always on the lam, knows how to party..but if you blink she'll disappear for months at a time and come back looking fiercer than ever.

Dex Star G | The Peoples Photographer said...

girl, ya'l dop know Im talkin about Extacy, right?

Anonymous said...

Dex I didn't know you had your own blog site. I thought about getting one but what would it say? Work work and a little more work.

Anyway your body is sick. Why is it that gay men have the best bodies? Why don't yall pass that little tip around to straight men? I yalls bathing suits that shows off the goodies. So sessy.

Saun said...

It's always good to have that one friend that's down to kick it whenever and is always trying to have good time. Your girl is fierce in every picture. I was expecting you to be all over the place but you didn't bring the HAM too hard. I've never seen so many speedos in one place in my life. I think I'm gonna buy some speedo stock now.

Anonymous said...

I'll take the one in red/orange speedo. Yum!

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

Dex...now you see my vanilla ass was lost in the sauce!!!! I thought you meant a person HAHHAHAHA! Now Kim really is a person!

You know I gotta cop that term now! Using it in a sentence: "Look at Jim...you know he's been making regular visits to Evelyn right?" haha! YESSIR!

JaySpice said...

Well damn dexy I loving the view. You up there with Reggie Bush. How you doing sweetie. I didn't know you were talking about E until I read your comment. That shyt flew right over my head

-JaySpice

Anonymous said...

That was supposed to say I love yall's bathing suits that shows off the goodies.

I seriously want an answer to the reason the bodies are better though.

two turntables said...

This post was mad clever I really respect that. I gotta check back on your blog often I like the way you are playing with words.

Anonymous 2.0 said...

Hey Dex, I see you took the "childproof lock" off of your blog. Thanks. I was wondering what happened to my posts.

Was this gathering held at a private resort or exclusive part of Fire Island? I've never been there before, so I'm not familiar with the setup.

Dex Star G | The Peoples Photographer said...

Fire island is a one of a kind community. Its kind of like a gay Beverly Hills/ martha vineyard/ Hamptons all in one. The Ascension party was ultra exclusicive. The blocked off a large section of the beach, and created a dancefloor and reflecting pond. Yes, Surprise! A reflecting pond in the beach , line at the national mall. crazy.

LibraGurl said...

Looks like fun times, Dex! LOL @ the "E" reference...that went over my head, too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.